ARTICLE – HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN EVERYTHING YOU DO?
We all want to look good, be in shape and have a successful life. But what are we willing to do to achieve all that? It seems the price and effort are too high for most of us, and we just stick to our fantasies and seldom reach our goals.
Some of us, however, do believe our goals are worth striving for. We make the effort to work out and look great, and realize that the price we pay is following a workout program, a sensible diet and getting enough sleep.
So, let’s talk about those of us who are willing to make an effort to reach those goals and targets. Today, the Internet is full of information about health, exercise, diet and anything related to getting fit and being healthy. There is so much information that sometimes the challenge lies in selecting the best and easiest methods for success.
Most of us choose the program that promises the easiest, fastest way to reach our goals. Usually, this is a magic-pill type of program that will cite the successes of past clients. And if we can get the information and the tools at a rock-bottom price, or even for free, that’s an invitation few can refuse.
At this point, we get excited. We start fantasizing about how we will feel after exercising. We see ourselves looking great after this diet. After all, we do indeed have all that we need to succeed. And then….after two days, nothing happens. A week passes. Nothing. We start getting frustrated. We go back online to search for some answers and we finally decide this is not for us. We give ourselves all the reasons why we could not stick to the program and why we could not achieve our goal.
For some, this process repeats itself time and again. Every time around, our confidence drops and our motivation to try again is lower. At the same time, we look around and see others succeeding, getting great results and feeling great about themselves. How did they do it?
More often than not, they had a personal coach.
Just like professional athletes. Even though they are experts at their sport, I do not know of a single professional athlete who does not have a personal trainer. Why is that? If a professional athlete is so good at what he does, why does he need a coach?
A coach is someone that can observe our professional behavior objectively and give us answers and guidance. They can tell us how to behave in any situation in order to obtain the best results possible in the fastest and healthiest manner.
Without a coach, we are devoid of real feedback. Without a coach, we lose our direction and discipline. It is hard to stick to the plan we made. A coach is a professional compass. He has the tools and the guidance that lead us towards our goals as fast as possible. He saves us time and money by keeping us away from inappropriate strategies.
Why do most of us go without one?
- Because it’s expensive. True, sometimes, it is even very expensive.
- Because we have to commit to some great and serious goal. And most of us prefer to avoid such commitments.
- Because we have to be accountable. Mostly to ourselves, but also to our coach. That’s not fun. We already have a boss at work. Why get another one?
- Because we are afraid to fail. Indeed. Fear of failure is extremely strong. We prefer not to start than to deal with potential failure. And this could be our biggest mistake. By not taking that first step toward success, we’ve already failed. We’ve doomed ourselves to no results.
- Because we are afraid of success. Yes. That is also part of our problem. What would happen if we did reach our goals, if we did succeed? “OMG, that could change my entire life. How will I deal with that?” Success does come with a price. We do have to deal with its consequences.
So, who hires a coach?
- Whoever is determined to succeed.
- Whoever believes in himself enough to set aside the “I can’t”, “It’s hard”, “It’s not for
- Whoever sees success in his mind’s eye and feels it as if it is already real.
- Whoever is willing to pay the price for the entire process – and stay the course through to the finish line.
- Whoever realizes that a coach is an investment one makes to shorten the path. It really is a necessary investment.
- Whoever falls in love with the process and not only with the moment-to-moment successes.
Okay, but how is this related to making money?
First and foremost, it is an integral part of the process. It will save you time. It will make the process easier. It will ensure that you stick to the plan and the short-term goals that result in long-term success. A coach really is appropriate for any profession. You hire a professional coach when you want to learn, to become a professional and to achieve the best possible results. He guides you to success and spares you the detours, excuses and inaction that lead to failure.
I have been trading on the stock market for years, specializing in future contracts. I meet thousands of people just like you, who are searching for a way to make a profit in this market. Many people think that huge profits can be made quickly and with little effort. Most of those people will fail.
On the other hand, whoever realizes that futures’ trading is a professional endeavor that requires a substantial time investment, practice and learning will appreciate the role of a personal coach who has been guiding others to success for many years.
I’m going to explain that again: A coach is someone who can observe your professional behavior objectively and give you feedback and guidance. He can tell you how to behave in any situation in order to obtain the best results possible in the fastest and healthiest manner.
This means that in each area of life, your role models should be successful people.
- Study them. Find out what they did to succeed.
- Try to learn from their mistakes and avoid them.
- Copy their right choices. Use the tools they use. This will shorten your own path to success.
- Do not skimp on tools and knowledge. Trying to save money on knowledge will only lead to a much larger waste of time and money.
- Successful people are surrounded by successful people. Stick to those who have the motivation and drive to succeed. Steer clear of all the negative people.
The Jewish sages taught, “Your teacher will be your friend.” “…even the sage should have a teacher, as man – even the wisest of the wise – cannot see himself as another sees them.”
May we all have speedy success in all of our endeavors.
Geva Gazit – CEO –
Geva International Trading
Trading for a promising future!